As the federal election approaches, it helps the climate cause greatly to make our concern for climate change and opposition to new coal mines as publicly visible as we can.
Local faith communities could consider a few options:
- Put up a sign in front of your place of worship, which for example says “Climate Emergency. No Galilee Basin coal mines” or “Vote climate. Stop Adani” or “Emergency action for climate. Stop Adani.” Would your church or place of worship consider it? Please let us know via email@example.com.
- Order a sign we've made up from Vistaprint. They each come in two sizes - 76cm x 183cm and 76cm x 305cm.
To order, this is the process:
- Go to this page: https://www.vistaprint.com.au/vp/ns/my_account/my_portfolio.aspx?xnav=accountMenu&rd=1
- Log in using the username firstname.lastname@example.org and the password StopAdani
- Select the sign you prefer
- Pay using their own credit card
- Enter the delivery address for their place of worship
- If the sign is needed in a hurry, select the $20 delivery option, which gets the sign delivered in 1 to 3 business days
3. Alternatively, a small group in the community could be photographed with a sign, and this could go on social media at the time suggested.
Please observe an embargo on social media and other publicity until April 30th.
More information can be found here.